Beginning July 1, 2017, several new laws will go into effect in Tennessee. Will any of the new laws affect you?
- Penalties for being a convicted felon in possession of a gun can be increased, depending on the previous felony.
- If you file for retroactive child support, you can only be awarded the prior 5 years’ child support unless the court finds good cause that another award is proper.
- The offense of the unruly act of illegal use of a telecommunication device has been created. Watch what you do on your cell phone!
- Don’t publicly release the residential address of a police officer. It’s a Class B Misdemeanor if negligent and a Class A Misdemeanor if intentional.
- Property owners can put purple paint on their trees to serve as a no trespassing sign.
Read more here on all of the laws: